Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Find a Bright Spot Every Day


Hello Fellow Quarantinees . . .  How are you doing today?  Sometimes okay? Sometimes terrified? Sometimes despairing? Sometimes overwhelmed? All of the above at different points?  We need to try and seek out bright spots in each day.

My backyard is filled with daffodils. If you have been reading my blog for a long time, thank you. If you are new to my blog, I encourage you to read the story of these daffodils, "Full Circle" which I posted way back in 2011. I guarantee you will enjoy that post, and I promise you that every word of that remarkable story is true.


I, along with  I am sure quilters all across the country, have been spending my days sewing masks and am grateful to have something useful to do.

Speaking of quilters, may I again remind you that The Quilt Show is posting wonderful videos a couple of times each week. For example, today, Alex Anderson talked about using silk. Thursday, Ricky Tims will be presenting a lesson, and Friday, Alex will talk about straight line quilting. Just go to The Quilt Show website and scroll down to the bottom to find a list of videos which you may view at any time on that site or on YouTube.


I have been working on a wool applique piece which is coming along well. I pick it up in the evening and am enjoying working on it. I have also decided to do the Sue Spargo - "Toned Down Circle Sampler." Each day for ninety days, Sue Spargo will present a design for one circle. Last night I cut 90 (one inch)  wool circles from my stash for this project. I am getting a late start, but no worries, I will catch up. :-) You can find more information about this in my previous post.



My colors are definitely not "toned down," but I wanted to work with bright, happy colors.  As you can see, I have the circles arranged and pinned with tiny applique pins. I will whip stitch each circle down before adding the special stitches. This is an excellent, free learning opportunity. One more thing to add to my post - Coronavirus "to do/wish" list . . . go on a Sue Spargo retreat.


Stay safe and well. Be kind to yourself. Have faith that we will get through this.

I wish you peace.

3 comments:

  1. Love your daffodils and of course I love the story behind them. Mine didn't bloom as much as they have in years past. I've been making masks for friends and family. I'm ready to take a break and stitch on some quilt projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing the daffodil story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your latest project. I am making masks, too. About 60 here and more if I can get my hand on more shoe laces which I am using as ties on the masks. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete