Sunday, April 19, 2020

Oh Deer Me !!! - Sunday Visitors

Have you herd ??? I had planned a different post for this morning, but we had some visitors earlier today in the woods behind my house, and I wanted to share these photos with you.



There is a little bit of green growth which apparently attracted them. They sure attracted Emma's attention when we stepped out our back door, but I was  able to scoot her back inside.


Will all of the brush, it was difficult to get clear shots.


This grouping became so comfortable that they turned around affording me a chance to shoot their lovely tails. 


Where's Waldo? The deer camouflage so well that it sometimes difficult to see them. How many deer do you see in this image? (Answer below) You may and should click on these photos for larger images.


T-shirt straps update: I have found that it is a good idea to pull the t-shirt cord out a bit before sewing it in place on the side seams. It's stretchy, so it is good to sew over the end a number of times to really secure it before turning the mask right side out. Of course, it will get sewn over again, but it doesn't hurt to be over cautious. :-)



The Whistler House Museum of Art in Lowell, MA, sent out a message with this image. Mom is surrounded by toilet paper,  there is take out, there is hand sanitizer on the keyboard, she is wearing gloves and a mask, and she appears to be checking off the days in quarantine. Well done!!! 


Stay safe. Stay healthy. Be creative. Have hope. We are all in this together.

Answer: Four deer

2 comments:

  1. Whistler Mom is terrific! Thanks for sharing. That was quite a few deer visitors you had. Do they prune your vegetation when you don't want it pruned?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My backyard is fenced in and my property beyond that drops off. The deer were down in a sheltered little spot that is kind of a wooded
    ‘no man’s land’ between my street and the next street over. Having said that, as I was returning home after a walk with Emma, I did see three deer leaving my neighbor’s yard. They gracefully leaped over a four foot chain link fence and bounded across the road.

    They are not there this morning.

    ReplyDelete