Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Some Color and Some Smiles for These Troubled Times


On Saturday we awoke to a few inches of snow. By the afternoon, it had all but disappeared.
Yellow . . .  Here's Emma in her raincoat checking out the daffodils.


 Flashback photo for Emma fans . . . Here's one of my favorite Emma photos taken in 2014.


Purplelicious  . . . An Easter surprise from my godchild and her family. I love the sparkly container.


Red . . . This amaryllis bulb was purchased before Christmas, but though I planted up two others, this one remained in the box. (I still have another one to plant up.)


And now the smiles . . .  


Just think of how much time we have spent making masks when folks have come up with their own  creative alternatives  . . . though I do think the scuba outfit is a tad much.  My favorite . . . the man in the checkout line with the plastic water bottle.  Brilliant! That one cracks me up!!!

Governor Baker is on TV now giving an assessment of how things are going in Massachusetts as we are in the midst of the coronavirus surge. He announced among other things that all schools in the Commonwealth will be closed for the rest of the school year. That is the right decision and will  allow teachers, principals, and administrators time to plan for a hopefully safe opening in September. 

STOP!!!  
 Please stop here if you wish before I record grim coronavirus statistics.  

As of Sunday . . . 
                                      Cases                                  Deaths

World                          2,501,156                          171, 810
United States                 788, 920                            42, 458
Massachusetts                 39,643                               1,809

Massachusetts is third-highest in the number of cases behind New York and New Jersey. 

Here is one item that struck me. The Boston Sunday Globe published sixteen pages of death notices.

 I wish you peace and comfort. Stay safe. Stay creative. Have hope. We will get through this together.

No comments:

Post a Comment