Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Trying Times Tuesday

Hi Everyone. . . How are you doing today? I'm doing fine, but I am not accomplishing as much as I should be accomplishing. I know what I should be doing: I'm just not doing much. Perhaps I need to follow a daily schedule. How are you dealing with all of this? Have you made a schedule for yourself?

I'm not completely drifting through the day as yesterday I did make some more masks, but have I been practicing my flute? Well, no . . . ( Please don't tell my flute teacher. ) Have I followed through on practicing the piano? That would also be a "no." How about plans to clean out closets??? No, not so far . . . Oh well . . .  I'm going to blame it on the recent 3-D days  . . dismal, damp, and dreary.

I did spend a few hours yesterday sewing more masks.


I know many of you are sewing masks, but what else are you working on???

Are you looking for a new project? Bonnie Hunter is running a Unity Quilt Along with new directions/steps given every Monday. Would you like to try your hand at hand stitching? Laura Wasilowski is offering a free "Tools of the Trade Stitch Along." I'm tempted to do both, but I already have a stack of projects. :-) Also, don't forget to check out The Quilt Show channel on Youtube. Alex Anderson is checking in on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday while Ricky Tims is on Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday. Alex's Monday video dealt with putting a facing rather than a binding on a small quilt.

Were you one of the million people who watched last week's concert online with Trisha Yearwood and Garth Brooks from their home studio?  CBS sure noticed and tomorrow night, Wednesday, at 9:00 they will perform in a TV special.  Even if you are not a country music fan, watch anyway as they are both wonderful performers.

One last thing . . .  I don't know about you, but I am very impressed with all of the new inspiring, uplifting, hopeful TV commercials. For once, I don't mind watching them.

Smile for the day . . .

Stay safe. We are in this for the long haul, but we are all in this together.

I wish you peace.

1 comment:

  1. I too am thinking about stitching along with Bonnie Hunter. . .I haven't cleaned any closets yet either. . .BUT, I continue to contemplate that project! LOL Stay safe!!!

    ReplyDelete