Thursday, March 26, 2020

This & That Thursday

Hello Everyone . . . How are you doing today?

I did not post yesterday as it was a 3-D day: dreary, damp, dismal. Not much was accomplished in this castle, and that is perfectly okay. I truly believe that we need to be kind to ourselves and not put any pressure on us to accomplish things. I did make three masks, but I felt a need to do some hand stitching. The wool applique piece that I wrote about in an earlier post arrived in the mail, and it was just the ticket.

I have become a complete Sue Spargo convert. Previously, I would have lightly fused each wool piece down, but not any more. Sue Spargo has you whip stitch each piece before going back and adding any embroidery or embellishment. She believes that fusing pieces down with an iron will flatten things.  This new piece was not a Sue Spargo kit, but I am incorporating what I am learning in her mini BOM. I've said it before and I will repeat it again  . . . there is no better way to relieve stress than to do some wool applique. Actually, I spent a few hours stitching yesterday. :-)

Today, I would like to share a blog that I follow, Pentreath & Hall Inspiration which is written by a designer who often shares lush photos from the British Isles. He is a fine writer and an excellent photographer. I'm mentioning it here since his post today deals with the coronavirus in London and is well worth reading. I'm adding his blog to my blog list.

[Note: if you do not see a blog list in a column on the right it is because you are following by email. That's great! But, if you scroll down to the very bottom of the email that you receive, you will see something like "View in Browser" or "Web Version." Click on either and you will be taken to the whole page. It contains some of my favorite blog links, my contact information, and a few other things. It will also allow you to scroll through previous posts, locate something I wrote about before, or leave a comment on a post which I would enjoy reading. :-)]

Today, Ricky Tims gave a demonstration of how to do a convergence wallhanging. You may find it on The Quilt Show on Youtube, on Alex Anderson's Facebook page, or on Ricky Tims' Facebook page. Tomorrow I may just give it a try!

Anne R., another Crosstown Quilter, sent me a photo of the pretty new stitch pillow that she made.


You may find the tutorial info at this previous post.  While there, check out Anna's (from the Woolie Mammoth blog) Youtube channel, and if you have fallen down the cross stitch rabbit hole, you might enjoy her "Floss Tube Stitch Roadies" channel. Now, one should never say never, but I am 99.9999999 percent sure that I will not go down the cross stitch rabbit hole. It's beautiful to see, but it is not my thing!

Back to Anne R. who sent along this meme which totally cracked me up!!!


Stay safe, stay creative, and try to smile when you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment