Sunday, March 15, 2020

Flamingo Vinyl Project Bag

Hello Everyone. How are you doing???  We are in uncharted territory, and we need to somehow try to stay mentally strong and as calm as possible.  Except for walking Emma, I have no plans to go anywhere. That meant telling a friend that I would not be coming to her annual pre-St. Patrick's Day dinner today, suspending my flute lessons, and for the time being, not getting together with quilting friends. We all need to try to flatten the infection rate.

When we were on our Cape getaway, I picked up two fat quarters that I knew would make a fun, happy project bag, so that is what I worked on yesterday. It made me smile. I used the instructions for the "Vinyl Project Pouch" at Moda Fabric.  They show it made with charm squares, but I used my fat quarters. Note: the two fat quarters were enough for the project bag, but I had to use additional fabric from my stash for the binding. [FYI: The vinyl weight that I use is the one with the green printing at Joanne's.]


I also picked up this cute little flamingo charm for the zipper pull.



I had just enough fabric left from the two fat quarters to put on either side of the zipper/vinyl panel.  Remember to stitch slowly and do not use pins, use clips instead.


It's happy and fun to look at, and we need that now.

Incidentally, when I was checking the plural of flamingo (either flamingos or flamingoes is correct), I also learned a bit more about this pretty wading bird. It belongs to the family Phoenicopteridae, and it is the only bird in the order Phoenicopteriformes. Four species are distributed throughout the Americas, including the Caribbean, and two species are native to Africa, Asia, and Europe. (Wikipedia) Want to know more? Then check out, Fun Facts and Trivia about Flamingoes. If social distancing ends, just think of the fun you could have sharing this information at parties, barbecues, or meetings.

I saw this quote from First Lady Grace Coolidge on a blog yesterday.

      
      

Please be kind to yourself and stay strong.

1 comment:

  1. Your flamingo bag is cute and I love that zipper pull! First Lady Grace Coolidge captured the needle work to a "T." Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete