Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Timna Tarr and Beauty and the Beast



This morning, members of the Crosstown Quilters Guild were treated to a trunk show presentation by the delightful Timna Tarr from South Hadley, MA. Her use of color was pure joy.



I encourage you to check out her website with gallery and blog here.  

Being a self-admitted history geek, I got a particular kick out of her George Washington quilt. Too cool!


This afternoon I went with a friend to see Disney's Beauty and the Beast. The visual effects are truly amazing and the music lovely, but let me sound a cautionary note. I would hesitate taking very little ones to see this movie as there are a number of scary scenes: two involve a pack of hungry, pursuing wolves and another, an angry mob scene. I think they would be a bit too intense for young children, and I'm not sure Mortimer's friend Walt would have approved.

2 comments:

  1. George was my favorite of the quilts you posted. The grands, age 3 and 4 saw Beauty and Beast over the weekend. I didn't hear that it was too intense for them, only that they loved the beast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to hear the grands liked it. Maybe kids don't get scared like they used to. :-)
    The speaker also had some interesting "map" quilts that you could see on her website.

    ReplyDelete