Monday, March 27, 2017

Another Block Completed


Here's the second hand applique block completed based on Yoko Saito's Floral Bouquet book. I worked on it a bit at each of the quilt retreats that I recently attended. This is loosely based on the original design. In the original, the buds each have two or three inner sections of coordinating colors and pointy bits on top; I chose to stop at this point for a cleaner. simpler look. I can always add the inner sections later if I change my mind, but for now I like it this way. Though the buds and vase appear to be the same color, in 'real life' they are different. The vase is actually much brighter.

It was a busy week with two lunch dates with groups of retiree teacher friends and a lovely belated St. Patrick's Day dinner party at my friend Marilyn's yesterday. Lucky for me her dinner last Saturday was postponed due to threats of snow, and so, I was happily able to attend yesterday. Love that corn beef!!!

Have a fun filled, wonderful week.

1 comment:

  1. That is a beautiful block. I love the graceful lines and of course, the red! :)

    ReplyDelete