Saturday, March 26, 2011

New Orchid

     Last week I purchased an orchid for a friend who has recently moved into a new condo. I also treated myself to this little beauty.
Behind it you can see a small portion of a wallhanging that I had made a couple of years ago based on  techniques presented in Louisa Smith's Strips 'n Curves. I enjoyed the process and had always planned to make another piece, but somehow I just never have. I'll have to add it to my list of potential projects. That list just keeps getting longer and longer, but that's the wonderful thing about quilting; there's always something new to try.
     I've been spending this weekend quilting with friends, and we took time today for a quick visit to one of our very favorite quilt shops, Quilter's  Stash in North Attleboro, MA. It's a terrific shop with lots of luscious batiks and a very friendly staff. Yes, we all did our part to help the economy.

No comments:

Post a Comment