Saturday, March 19, 2011

Super Day and SuperMoon over Hull

     Today was a perfect day. I went with friends to the Rhododendron Needlers Quilt Guild Traditions and Treasures Quilt Show in Canton, MA where there were some stunning quilts on display. This guild definitely has some very talented members. Also on display was  a special quilt based on Leonardo deVinci's "The Last Supper." "The Supper Quilt" which was designed and pieced by Dr. Donald Locke is 15.25 ft wide and 5.6 ft high. According to a handout given, the quilt consists of 51,816 half inch squares and took two and a half years to complete. Thirty-one states have hosted this impressive work.
     After the quilt show, it was on to lunch and a visit to two shops, Emma's Quilt Cupboard and Franklin Mills both in Franklin, MA. Franklin Mills has quilt fabric and home dec fabric, yarn, crafts, etc. If you need trim or fringe for anything, this is the place to go.
     On the way back, I had a chance to snap this sign. (Don't worry; I wasn't doing the driving.) We all agreed that this is one our favorite signs. Woe to the unsuspecting traveler trying to figure this one out.


     I arrived home at 6:00 which gave me fifteen minutes to feed Katie and get ready to head out the door again. I had asked my cousin Greg earlier if he wanted to go out and shoot the SuperMoon as we both enjoy photography. We went to Fort Revere in Hull where I was able to get this shot.
    All in all, it truly was a super day!!!          

1 comment: