Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!

     Tis a lovely, warm spring day, and the crocuses in my yard have begun to bloom.

     Katie and I were able to go for a nice long walk. She was, of course, sporting green.

     Later this morning, I met a friend for coffee and Italian conversation practice. She is lucky enough to have been born on St. Patrick's Day. Buon compleanno! (Happy Birthday!)  We celebrated  by having an Irish scone as a treat.
     Finally, let me leave you with my favorite Irish blessing.

                                         May the road rise up to meet you, 

                                         may the wind be ever at your back. 

                                         May the sun shine warm upon your face

                                         and the rain fall softly on your fields. 

                                         And may you be a half  hour in heaven before the devil knows you're dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment