Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Quilting Weekend on the Cape

     I spent this past weekend quilting at the Cape Codder in Hyannis.  Well, in truth, we didn't spend all our time quilting; we went out to eat and helped the local economy by supporting nearby quilt shops.
     Our happy little group . . .

Group photo . . . 

          
      I spent the four days doing machine applique for an Old World Santa quilt. It will eventually have twelve Santa blocks and twelve patchwork blocks. Here's a peak at some of the completed blocks.
  
      Of course, I couldn't be on the Cape without stopping by the beach. It was pretty windy and cold, so these were the only other creatures on the beach.


[Dining tip: if you ever go to Hyannis, be sure to dine at the Roadside Cafe; I guarantee you will enjoy the experience.]

1 comment:

  1. Love your Old World Santa project. I'm glad you had a great time on your retreat.

    ReplyDelete