Sunday, June 13, 2021

A Bluebird Salute and This Week in my Garden

This adorable cross stitch piece is “A Bluebird Salute” which took me about a week to stitch. The designer is Misty Pursel of Luminous Fiber Arts on Etsy.  I substituted gold DMC etoile floss to give it a bit of sparkle. I’m currently stitching a few more patriotic pieces. 

Here is the back. On this piece, I followed Lori Holt's method of stitching around all four side, making a slash on the back, turning it right sides out, stuffing it, and covering the slash with a bit of wool and buttons. She has many tutorials on Youtube.



 Cuteness Alert! Cuteness Alert! My neighbor has been making cat and dog planters featuring different breeds.  I, of course, ordered a schnauzer one. 


If that doesn’t put a smile on your face, I do not know what will. The pink is its little tongue sticking out. 

My gardening mojo is still going strong. I went to Lowe’s last week to see if they had any peat moss; they didn’t, but a woman walked by with a stunning rose in her cart and you guessed it. . . Yes, one just like it came home with me :-() Isn't it  gorgeous!
 





A few other spots of color this week . . . 


A Stella D’Oro daylily after the rain . . . (If you click on this photo or any of the others, you will see a larger image showing the raindrops. I'm not sure about photographing whiskers on kittens, but I do love photographing raindrops on roses and other flowers. 


Two old fashion flowers. . .  Rose campion with its striking magenta color. Once you establish a plant, new plants will pop up absolutely everywhere. I cut it back after it blooms, and I will get a rebloom later in the season. (This plant is said to come in white and pink though I have never seen it in any color other than magenta.)


This is spiderwort. The plant is a bit floppy, but I do give it space in my large garden.



This is the time when the strip alongside my garage is bursting with color. If only it would look like this all summer.


Well, that’s all for now. Next time I will show you a couple of recently completed larger cross stitch pieces.

Have a colorful, happy, safe, wonderful week.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful colors and I did smile at the planter! Your cross stitch finish is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That planter is the best. I love all your beautiful flowers and your finished project. Happy Weekend.

    ReplyDelete