Monday, June 21, 2021

The Best Week I Have Had in Fifteen Months

 Last week was the best week that I have had in fifteen long months! It started on Monday when I had a group of my quilting friends come for dinner. We had met a few times for masked, socially distanced gatherings last summer outside and had kept in touch by texting throughout the rest of the year, but nothing beat actually seeing them in person sitting around my dining room table on Monday night. Yes, I had cleared all the many quilting, applique, and other projects off the table and put on a pretty tablecloth that I had purchased in Italy a few years ago. It was fun to set a table once again. 

On Wednesday, I headed down to Cape Cod. Kathy, third from the left, hosted a wonderful group of friends at her family’s summer home in Eastham. All of these ladies were teachers in Weymouth.  We brought sleeping bags, lots and lots of food, and a desire to have fun, and we sure did! What did we do? We laughed, ate, laughed, played games, laughed, enjoyed the sunsets, laughed, talked, and visited thrift shops in search of treasures. :-() (In my next post, I will show you the treasures that I found.) 






On Friday, two more of Kathy’s friends joined us.



Though we have all been fully vaccinated for a few months, we did ‘take-out’ meals. (The exception was on Wednesday when we started the getaway with lobster rolls at a small restaurant.) 

A favorite image . . . 


Welcoming??? sign of the times . . . 


Caution . . . Not to worry, we were too busy shopping to do any swimming. :-)


Kathy is a remarkably generous hostess, and we all had a truly awesome time. In case you are wondering, Miss Emma was on her mini vacation at her home away from home with Auntie Annemarie, Uncle Bruce and Cousin Kara and with her canine cousins Bailey and Harvey. She, too, had a super time!

Yes, I know how truly blessed I am. Life is good.

2 comments:

  1. Awe.. .what a wonderful post. . .it is so good to hear about you enjoying "normal" social activities!!! The sunset photos are fabulous! Loved the laughter that you all shared. It was a great get away!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you were able to get out and be with friends in such a wonderful area. I bet there was lots and lots of laughing.

    ReplyDelete