Wednesday, May 19, 2021

Work on My Estate Continues :-()


Yes, today was my third full day of gardening and things are coming together. My knee, however, speaking on behalf of my other bones and muscles has suggested that perhaps it would be prudent to take the day off tomorrow, and so I shall. . . no digging, planting, pulling, weeding, raking, pruning, or mulching. 

What have I accomplished since my last post? I have potted up eight Sweet 100 Cherry Tomatoes, impatiens are planted around the light post out front and in a basket on the front steps, half the small garden is weeded, planted, and mulched, and the front of the large garden is nearly done. ( I really wanted to finish that section, but my body was screaming, “STOP,” and so I did. :-().

Here are a few spots of color around the estate. This stand of purple irises has been in the corner of my backyard for as long as I can remember. 







As I do each year, I purchased a wonderful scaevola hanging plant which is so heavy that it will reside on a small table on my deck. 


Stay safe and have a colorful week.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful colors are on your "estate!" Take care of your body so you can keep adding to your plantings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your flowers are just stunning, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete