Friday, May 7, 2021

Catching Up and Some Small Cross Stitch and Wool Applique Finishes

Hi Everyone! Happy tulip time! I have been having computer issues which I hope to have resolved soon. Today I am going to show some recently completed small cross stitch and wool applique pieces.  

Quilters have nothing on cross stitchers when it comes to being enablers. :-) I kept seeing over and over adorable Easter-themed cross stitch pieces on floss tube. Many of those pieces were from Brenda Gervais's book, Jelly Bean Jubilee.  It didn't take long before I was ordering my own copy.

I was able to get one pillow completed for Easter and will start earlier next year to stitch up a few more of the seven charts in this book.

The next piece, "When I Think of April,"  is a chart by Paola Pizzi of Puntini Puntini, and it is available on Etsy. The chart called for stitching a rabbit, some carrots, and three Easter eggs along the bottom, but it was mainly the flower filled watering can which appealed to me.

 For Wool Appliques Wednesday last week, I worked on "Be Strong and Bloom" from the book, Bowl Me Over - A Bounty of Tiny Pillows to Enjoy Every Day by Debbie Busby. When I make most of my pillows, I follow Lori Holt's process. You may find her instructions on her Youtube channel.  I cover the slit in the back with a piece of wool and add a charm, a button or two, and a year charm.

Last week, I made a momentary slip and forgot to check before opening the porch door for Emma. Oh! No! There was a turkey strutting around the backyard. A wild flapping of wings and a barking schnauzer caused quite a commotion. The turkey did not appear to be perturbed by the unwelcoming welcoming committee. Turkeys may not be able to fly far, but they sure can fly high!!!

I do not mind one visiting turkey just as long as we don't have a huge flock as we did last year prowling the neighborhood.

Well, my computer has only crashed about ten times while I have been trying to write this, so I'm going to quit here and get it posted. Have a wonderful weekend. Happy Spring! Happy Mother's Day! Happy Stitching!

2 comments:

  1. We have some wild turkeys that sometimes strut their stuff in my backyard. I have to take my boys out on a leash because we don't have a fence so the turkeys, or should I say the boys are safe when we occasionally run across each other. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cross stitch projects are adorable! I hope your computer issue is sorted soon! Happy Mother's Day to you too!

    ReplyDelete