Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Rain, Rain, Go Away!!!


Hi Everyone! I hope that you are all dry and doing well after these endless days of rain. On the bright side, no one will have to water his or her garden for a while!

I have never met a hibiscus that I didn't enjoy photographing. They are a nearly perfect plant for a sunny porch or deck. The blossoms which only last a day just keep coming and coming all summer and into the fall.


 

These photos were taken early last week. On Friday, I attended a webinar from Hunt's Photo Education with Kathleen Clemons. The subject of the webinar was "The Painterly Photograph." In the two hour online program she showed how to create painterly flower photographs and more. She offered tips, ideas, and techniques. I just watched the entire webinar again so that I could pause it and take notes. Click on her name to see some of her truly gorgeous photos.

I believe that in July or some time later this summer Hunts will have her present a webinar on iPhone photography. Sign me up!!! To check out upcoming online classes, go to Hunt's Photo Education. They are offering a wonderful group of online classes, and the price is very reasonable. Let me just say that Kathleen Clemons was an outstanding presenter.

 The fungus among us . . .  was growing along the walkway in my front yard. The lighting was not great, and it has been raining for the past few days. In spite of that, I like this image.


Last week I trimmed some low hanging branches from the huge oak in my front yard. Look at these acorn clusters. They were all over the branches that I trimmed. You know what that means!!! Enjoy the summer because all of these baby acorns suggest that we will be in for quite a winter.
 

Let me leave you with this old verse . . . 

Always remember and never forget
the  mighty oak was once a nut like you.   

Stay safe. Stay strong. Have hope.

1 comment:

  1. Those webinars sound amazing, your photos are too. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete