Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Sunshine for $12.99



Yesterday I stopped at Christopher's Garden Shop and Farm Stand on Washington Street in Weymouth to pick up a few bananas, but I was stopped in my tracks by tables full of sunshine. This plant is full of blossoms and buds. . .  instant sunshine. Who could have resisted, and it was only 12.99!!!

I saw a member of our Crosstown guild there. Well, I saw a masked face and eyes that looked familiar. After a moment or two I was able to process the info; it was Diane W. We talked for a few moments about how we were doing during these challenging times and speculated whether we would be meeting in September.
 

Scenes from my gardens this week. . .
 I'm looking forward to an online class on Friday morning offered by Hunts Photo and Video. The two hour class is "The Painterly Photograph with Kathleen Clemons." As you all know, I enjoy photographing flowers and look forward to be able to create "dreamy" type of flower photographs.

While watering my flowers this morning, a postal truck stopped to deliver a package. Excitement!!! It was from Missouri Star. Excitement!!! What had I ordered this time??? Fun stuff . . .  a 1,000 piece quilt block jigsaw puzzle, a pattern, a mini tumbler template, some sweet sewing machine bookmarks, and three cute charms for the zipper pulls on future project bags. . . fun stuff!!!
 
Mask making continues . . . if you are looking for a place to donate masks, contact local shelters. They are extremely grateful for donations of fabric masks.


On my design wall . . .  My "When Life Gives You Lemons" quilt is almost ready to be sewn together.  Alex Anderson has been offering free quilting lessons/information on The Quilt Show website and Youtube. This is her sequoia pattern. I decided to have a lemon focus. Instead of the vase of flowers in her pattern, I created a lemon tree, and of course, I had to make one block be a pitcher of lemonade. My plan is to start sewing it together tomorrow.



Have a sweet week.

Stay safe. Stay strong. Have hope.

1 comment:

  1. Your lemon tree and pitcher of lemonade are terrific. What a fun project!

    ReplyDelete