Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Turn Your Photos into Watercolor Images with Waterlogue


Today I am going to tell you about a super easy way to turn your photos into watercolor-like images using an app called aptly enough Waterlogue. I use it on my iPad, but you may use it on your iPhone or on any device with Windows 10.

My original photos were taken in Court Square in Downtown Springfield, MA, and you may see them in an earlier post here.


Start by downloading this inexpensive app. When you open it, you will a small camera in the lower left corner. Click on it and you will see examples you may play around with or click on Photo Library to bring up one of your own photos as I have done.

Then try out some of the effects running along the bottom of the screen. For example, when your photo is on the screen, click on "Vibrant" and then watch your image appear in a small block to the right. Click on that image and before your very eyes, your photo will magically transform into a watercolor image. Way Cool!!!!! If you don't like the result, just swipe the image to the right and your original photo will appear. Click on another box, maybe "Rainy" this time.

Once you create an image that you like, then slide across the bottom to find a numbered scale. Picking a point of the scale will further change your image. I like the effects of six or eight. You may then save, email, or post your photo to other sites.


This is the scene from the seventh floor cafeteria of Mass Eye and Ear.

One more . . . Here is one of my favorite photos from a trip to Boothbay Harbor last August.


I love the colors in this reflection, but look how Waterlogue rendered it. . . equally nice and oh so painterly. :-)


Sure, I really, really do wish that I had the talent to work in actual watercolors, but for now, this will have to do. :-) I intend to print some of these images to make some notecards to have on hand.

Hope you are having a colorful week.

No comments:

Post a Comment