Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Mancuso World Quilt Show New England 2019



I accompanied my friend Edith to the Mancuso World Quilt Show in Springfield, MA, last week, and let me just say that the caliber of the quilts on display from around the world was amazing. "Teatime in Wonderland" was one of the first quilts that we saw, and we knew immediately that we would be glad that we had come. 

I used a lower resolution for the identifying cards, but as always, you may click on any photo for a larger view.


One fun aspect of this quilt was the use of lace for a binding. Wouldn't that be a great idea for a little girl's quilt?


This would be a very long post if I showed all the photos that I took, but I have selected a few of my favorites. Just look at the use of color and the quilting on this one. If you read the cards, you will see these were all very large quilts and thus very impressive.



One of my favorite quilt was "Dineh Madonna.:




Hanging across from that quilt was "Virginia City Miner."
















And finally, I loved, loved, loved "The Secret Life of Carrots." Be sure to click on this photo to get the full effect.





A couple of takeaways from the show. . .

 -  If you go next year, go on a Thursday to avoid Friday Boston traffic. (The only thing worse would have been to be in the miles and miles and miles of backed up traffic heading north.)

-  Definitely do go to this show!!! It was amazing to see the quilting that is being done around the world.

-  You will not believe this, but I did not buy anything in the vendor section. No, really I mean it. . . not one single thing. That in itself was amazing. :-)

- If you cannot make it to Houston International Quilt Show, then next August head to Springfield. The show is much smaller, but the work was truly impressive. I came away with so many ideas that my head was positively spinning.  I better start recording some of these ideas before they slip away. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment