Sunday, April 14, 2019

Oh My Goodness - A Very Busy Productive Week!


After two welcome days of warm temperatures, the daffodils in my yard are in full bloom. {If you have never read the backstory of these daffodils, please read "Full Circle" which I posted back in April of 2011.} I guarantee you will find it worth reading. :-)


My pink plastic Adirondack chairs are out signaling the return of spring, and Emma and I took advantage of today's sunshine.


Here are a few quilts from Tuesday's "Show and Tell" at the Crosstown Quilters Guild Meeting. Donna S. showed three quilts; the first is from  Bonnie Hunter's most recent "Good Fortune" mystery quilt along.


 

Don't you love the four different borders on this quilt? If we gave out prizes for show and tell, Donna surely would have received one.

Gigi showed her Kaffe Mystery/BOM.


Tracey got a head start on Christmas gifts by finishing this wonky Xmas tree quilt. :-)


Laurie showed this purple sampler quilt.


The back table at our guild meeting is always a busy place. People bring things like quilt books, tools, magazines, rulers, and FABRIC which they no longer want and we all attack with gusto. Honestly, I usually leave my home with a bag of 'stuff' for the back table deluding myself into thinking that I am making some progress getting rid of things, but seldom do I ever come home empty handed. Case in point, this small piece of tea bag fabric. How could I possibly leave that behind? I also picked out yardage for two pillowcases to make and donate to our charity efforts and a pair of scissors.




Now, you might have noticed that I titled this post "A Very Productive Week.' It actually was for me. I finished the sashing and borders on my English Paper Pieced - Grandmother's Flower Garden Quilt!!! I am also almost done quilting my oldest unfinished quilt top, and I made not one, but two, small quilted wall hangings. I should be able to post a photo of them in my next piece as one is going to be a hostess gift on Easter.

Finally, the other day, we bid a fond farewell to the Tufts Library. It has served the town well for many years, but it is going to be replaced by a new, modern library which will open in two years. I can't wait!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment