Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Daffodils in the Rain


Yesterday, I awoke to the sound of thunder and pounding rain. My first thought? Thank goodness I decided not to run in the Boston Marathon this year! That is the same thought that I have every year!!! While I admire the marathoners, I'm super glad I never took up running.


When the rain eventually lets up, I headed out with my camera as I love shooting raindrops on blossoms. 

In case you are wondering, these photos were taken with an 18-55mm lens on to which I screw a 3T close-up filter. I have had this inexpensive close up filter set (1T, 2T, 3T) for years. Yes, I do have a macro lens, but I like the results from this very low tech method.  Please click on any of these images to see what I mean.


I finished both small "Loon Lake" wall hangings; one for a hostess gift and because I liked it, one for me, too!  The gift is for my cousin's mother-in-law who is hosting Easter dinner this year. She has a cottage on a lake in New Hampshire, so I thought this design by Sue Pritt would be appreciated. She will be able to use it as either a table centerpiece or as a wall hanging. Sue Pritt's Sweet Season Quilt Patterns are delightful.


No comments:

Post a Comment