Thursday, May 28, 2015

Hawk Update


I had every intention of working in my garden this afternoon after returning home from my flute lesson, but it was just too hot and humid and I was tired, so the tomato plants will have to wait for another day to be planted. Instead I decided to drive over and check out our newest parishioners, the Hawk family. Dad, at least I think it was Dad, was perched on the cross keeping an eye on things,


Mom was in the nest and soon up popped one of the babies. I believe there are three, but the speakers somewhat block the view and the nest is set back so it is difficult to see. These shots were taken with my Nikon 75-300 lens.


At this point the babies look like little aliens.


Here's my favorite photo. This little guy decided to stretch his wings. It must get cramped in that crowded nest. :-)


Be sure to click on each photo to see a larger version of the image . .  . especially the little alien!!!

1 comment: