Thursday, October 11, 2012

Saluti da Firenza


     I haven't posted to my blog in recent days as I am enjoying a wonderful trip in Italy with my friend Marilyn and members of the South Shore Camera Club. The internet connections at our hotel have been iffy at best which makes posting a challenge, but we have been spending long days photographing incredible places. On Tuesday we went to Florence, and as you can see it was a very wet, dark start to the day. Colorful umbrellas helped brighten the scene.


After a tour with a local guide, it was off to lunch at Cafe Toscana. In the afternoon, blue skies appeared.





The windows are filled with tempting treats.


Did you know that the Pinocchio story originated in Florence?


Here's a lovely carousel.



I also spotted some fun reflections.


Later we headed to Piazzale Michelangelo to view the city at dusk.





It was a perfect day in Florence. Tomorrow I'll share photos from Cinque Terre.

No comments:

Post a Comment