Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Spring Beauties


         Early Monday morning I spent some time photographing in my backyard. This stand of irises has been blooming faithfully in the same corner of the yard my entire life. I follow the guidelines in Crockett's Victory Garden, to keep them going.  [Jim Crockett was the host of a very popular gardening series on PBS, and I always refer to his book when I have gardening questions.]

         Lilies of the Valley grace another corner.
       

     The iPhone camera is wonderful for quick grab shots, but for photos like these you really need something more. My equipment is simple. These photos were all taken with my Nikon D60, 18-55mm lens with a 3T close-up filter, and a tripod.



     


2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous flowers...lovely puppy, and I love your New York Beauty top you made. It seems to fit with the flowers here.

    ReplyDelete