Wednesday, May 2, 2012

New York Beauty Floral


     Here's the New York Beauty Floral piece that I just completed. It was begun in a class taught by the pattern's designer Pat Delaney at the  Heart in Hands Quilt Shop in South Weymouth, MA. Pat talked about choosing colors, values, shading, scale, fabric selection, etc. which I found very helpful. Many of these florals I had in my stash, but the class was an excuse to go purchase more. I had initially planned to add some embellishments, but I've decided it's just fine as it is. Overall, I'm thrilled with how it turned out. While my piece is a wallhanging, you should have seen this pattern done as a bed quilt. The arrangement of the circles was different, and Pat's large quilt was truly magnificent.



1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful quilt! My, that is a lot of points that look just perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete