Monday, October 10, 2011

Two Things

     I haven't been blogging for a few days since Katie, my miniature schnauzer, had to have surgery on Friday to remove a growth on her inner back leg. There is a two inch incision with many stitches, but our wonderful vet assures me that Katie will be just fine.  She is not too thrilled, however, with the collar that she has to wear until the incision heals.



Collar or not, she maintains her post, ever vigilant at the back door and goes into full alert mode sounding the alarm when a squirrel is spotted.

  
   On another note, I just have to say that I really missed Andy Rooney last night on 60 Minutes. While he lacked the avuncular charm of say a Walter Croncite, there was a certain curmudgeonly perdictability to Mr. Rooney which I always appreciated. His musings were sometimes thought provoking while other times amusing. At the age of ninety I guess he has every right to give up his day job, but his commentary  always provided the period at the end of the sentence and 60 Minutes won't be the same without him.

No comments:

Post a Comment