Tuesday, September 3, 2024

“You Are My Sunshine” - Cross Stitch Finish

 


As summer is drawing to a close, I finally finished stitching “You Are My Sunshine” by It’s So Emma from the Fat Quarter Shop. I stitched it according to the chart but left off the words, “You Are My Sunshine.” The wooden display piece, flip flops, sunshine, and palm tree are from Paisley and Polka Dots. The kit has many, many unfinished, individual wood pieces. You paint them and then carefully assemble them with glue. If you want, you can glue magnets to the display and glue washers to the back of the piece as I did making the display something you may use with other pieces. Overall, I love how it turned out. 

I am currently working on another display for a twelve month stitching project. How did that happen? I’ve always avoided projects such as this, but this one drew me in. It’s “Blooming Roots” by Stitching with the Housewives. Each month you will receive a pattern and floss to stitch two pieces. I’m working on the stitching and have already finished preparing the display piece. Fingers crossed that I will be able to keep up. :-) To add to this, I also signed up for a ten month stitching journal project. Lord help me! I blame it all on my ruptured Achilles tendon! Sitting around with way too much time on my hands has been dangerous, but both projects should be fun.

Have a wonderful, creative week. 

1 comment:

  1. I've wondered how your are progressing with the healing of your Achilles tendon. It takes a long time! The good part about a long term project is that each month, a new packet of fun will arrive. Enjoy the process and have fun!--TerryK@OnGoingProjects

    ReplyDelete