Friday, August 30, 2024

Still Rolling Along . . .


 Hi Folks! It’s been three weeks since my last post, so I thought that I would pop in this morning to let you know that I am still rolling along. My Achilles tendon is healing, but I expect to be in my boot and using my rollator for two or three more months. I am SUPER lucky and blessed to have wonderful friends and neighbors who have been helping me out. There is no pain but not being able to drive is simply driving me nuts. :-)

Anyway, last week I rolled out to my backyard and was able to take this pretty photo. The bees just love the sedum along the front of my large garden. I had had plans to remove all the sedum as the plants were getting too high and blocking the view of the other plants behind them. Since gardening is out until next spring, I’ll just let the bees enjoy the pretty pink flowers. Moving them to a different spot is already on my list of projects for next spring.

Speaking of projects, I have been working on a number of projects, none of which I will show here today. I did finish the quilt for the upcoming Herring Run Quilt Show and now I need to add a sleeve, do the binding, and add a label. My latest wool applique piece is about eighty-five percent done, and my latest cross stitch finish is just waiting for a frame. For those in the area, be sure to mark your calendar for the 

Herring Run Quilt Guild

17th Biennial Quilt Show

Sept. 21 - 24   10:00 - 4:00

Boys and Girls Club, 37 Proprietors Drive, Marshfield MA

There will be 150+ quilts on display and whether you are a quilter or not, you would definitely enjoy seeing this show.

Well, now it’s time to get busy unloading the dishwasher and hobbling carefully down cellar to throw in a load of wash, so I can then sit down and work on my wool applique and make the sleeves and binding for this latest quilt. :-)

Enjoy this Labor Day weekend, and I hope wherever you are that you are enjoying beautiful weather as we have been enjoying the last few days. 

1 comment:

  1. I've been wondering how your healing is going. . .slow it appears; but, I hope you are making progress on that front!!! Loved your bee photo!--TerryK@OnGoingProjects

    ReplyDelete