Friday, August 9, 2024

A Day in Paris in Winter . . . Cross Stitch

 Have you been watching the Olympics? Has any host city ever looked more beautiful and more inviting? I, of course, have been stitching while watching the events. On Flosstube,  folks have all kinds of prompts and plans for what they will stitch during this period. I selected one chart from my stash and have been stitching solely on it. It’s by a French designer/company, Les Brodeuses Parisiennes. Sometime last year I saw this completed piece on someone’s flosstube episode and promptly ordered it. It was fun to receive a chart from Paris.



Here is my progress so far. I stitched the words and the Eiffel Tower first, but instead of then working on the background, I just had to see how the lady would look. She is lovely and wait until you see her stylish coat. 


When I’m not working on it, I slip it into this Parisean cafe themed project bag complete with beaded Eiffel Tower zipper pull. I had originally used this fabric to make a pocketbook, but at some point I had had enough fabric left over to make this project bag and another for a friend. The Eiffel Tower charm came, I believe, from Hobby Lobby. 




Did you notice that this lady is accompanied by her little black dog? Honestly, how could I resist stitching this? 

That’s it for now. A friend is going to drive me on Tuesday morning to drop off a quilt top with the longarmer. Saturday, Sunday, Monday . . . that should be enough time to get the top completed . . . fingers crossed. Fingers cross as well that the wide backing fabric I ordered arrives in time. :-)

1 comment:

  1. What a fun cross stitch piece! Paris is my favorite city so I've enjoyed watching the Olympics and seeing the settings!--TerryK@OnGoingProjects

    ReplyDelete