Wednesday, September 25, 2024

Happy Fall Y’all!



This little scarecrow was a previous finish, but I hadn’t been happy with how I had originally finished it. I took it apart, added a washer to the back, and added it to this mug display. (There’s a magnet on the wooden piece. ) You may remember seeing some of my other pieces displayed on the mug. 



The display piece came from Paisleys and Polka Dots, and these three designs are all from Stitching with the Housewives on Etsy. Eventually I hope to be able to stitch a small piece for each month.

I’m still rolling along, but the doctor thinks I may be able to ditch my big, grey boot in a month. Fingers crossed . . . Anyway, I wasn’t able to attend the Herring Run Quilt Guild show over the weekend, but imagine my surprise to learn that my wool applique Americana tablerunner had received a Viewers Choice second place ribbon. Please click the guild link to see all the winners from this fabulous show.


This has been a good week. Yesterday I attended a meeting of the Crosstown Quilters Guild. This guild meets twice a month, and these meetings are always fun. Today I went to lunch with friends and as always that was fun, too! Tomorrow is going to be another rainy day, but that’s okay as I have a few projects to work on including fully finishing two cross stitch pieces and stitching on a wool applique piece. I’m doing a small presentation on cross stitch and wool applique at the next Crosstown Guild meeting, and I’m hoping to get some others to fall down those rabbit holes along with me :-). So, I’d really like to get this latest piece done. 

Keep stitching, quilting, and creating!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your Viewer's Choice ribbon. . .that is wonderful! I was glad to hear your doctor is tentatively giving you a date to ditch that boot!!!!!!!!!!!!! Continue to heal so you won't have the need to repeat that process again!--TerryK@OnGoingProjects

    ReplyDelete