Monday, September 30, 2024

Goldfinches and Poppies

 


Just popping in on this glorious fall day to show you my finally finished wool applique piece, “Goldfinches and Poppies.” This pattern is from Crane Design. Their wool appliques patterns are always wonderful. The wool came from my stash with the exception of the luscious tonal blue wool which I found at The Quilted Crow in Bolton. It is a delightful quilt shop with a section devoted to wool applique. They have samples hanging up and shelves with pieces of wool. It is a feast for the eye, but perhaps a bit dangerous for the wallet :-) You can buy patterns and select your own pieces of wool or purchase kits. It is truly a wonderful quilt shop and definitely worth a visit. (If you are not from this area, you may visit them online.)

The display hanger is from Ackfeld Manufacturing . Check out their website for craft and quilt display  holders. You won’t believe the assortment available. You are sure to find the right accent holder for whatever piece on which you are working.


Today I’m going to finish two cross stitch pieces which I will show next time. My dining room table is covered with bits and pieces of various projects, and I am determined to get it cleared. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. The blue wool makes your finished wall hanging extra special! WOW! I do wish you well to finish two cross stitch projects!--TerryK@OnGoingProjects

    ReplyDelete