Thursday, July 4, 2024

Happy Fourth of July 2024!!!



Happy Fourth of July! I’m watching the Boston Pops Fireworks Spectacular as I write this post. Darlene Love is belting out a couple of her hits, and I’m looking forward to The Mavericks. [If you ever get a chance to see The Mavericks in concert, don’t pass up the opportunity; they are a guaranteed good time.]

Uncle Sam in a patriotic mug is a recent finish. Priscilla Blain of Stitching with the Housewives designed this cross stitch chart which I believe is called Stars and Stripes. I hot glued a magnet on the wooden display mug which I purchased as a kit from Paisley and Polka Dots. The pieces that will be interchangeable have a washer glued to each back. You may remember seeing this piece recently.


My plan is to stitch a small piece for each holiday or season or sometimes something just for fun! There is a small pocket between the layers where you may tuck in flowers or other items. 

The bees are loving the magenta bee balm which has taken over a large area of my garden. 


These visitors don’t seem even slightly concerned about the wild, unkempt, unweeded state of my gardens. 
 

Another turkey mom with her babies was strolling in another area of my yard. I wouldn’t mind but beyond  the fence there is a wide swarth of lovely woods for them. Oh, well. . . 

Finally, this morning the Today show had a July 4th trivia quiz. They asked how many hot dogs would be eaten on the Fourth. Answer: 150 million!!!!! Please pass the mustard and relish. . . ;-).

1 comment:

  1. You are wise to change out your little pieces with a simple washer, glue and magnet! Hubby and I had a quiet evening together although there was plenty of noise from the neighborhood. Happy 4th to you too!--TerryK@OnGoingProjects

    ReplyDelete