Friday, July 19, 2024

Miss Liberty by Teresa Kogut FFO and Scenes from My Garden

 You know it has been two weeks of high heat and humidity when today’s mid- 80s feels like welcome relief. I sure haven’t accomplished much during this heat wave.


I had finished stitching Miss Liberty by designer Teresa Kogut before the 4th but didn’t have the ambition to fully finish it until the other day. The backing board was a small blackboard that I picked up on clearance probably at Hobby Lobby knowing it could some time be used to finish one of my cross stitch pieces. I used a light coat of burgundy acrylic paint on the blackboard which gives a cool appearance of barn board when seen in person. 

This pattern was in the Summer 2024 Issue of Punch Needle and Primitive Stitcher, and I couldn’t wait to stitch it!

It’s far too hot for gardening, but things do still look fairly good.









I have not seen any fireflies for the past few years, but I have seen them a number of times lately when I take Emma out before bedtime. Also, I am amazed at the number of dragonflies this summer. Are you seeing them in your area as well?

I just came back from Lowe’s where I purchased some Rustoleum for a project that I hope to start tomorrow. Wish me luck!!! Fingers crossed . . . I may have something to show in my next post.

Keep cool.


1 comment:

  1. Miss Liberty is a wonderful finish. I love her style! The way you fully finished her is perfect! For the heat your garden has been absorbing, your plants look good! It is so nice to have color outside your window! We will be having a hot one today. . .upper 90's; but, we don't have the humidity that you do. --TerryK@OnGoingProjects

    ReplyDelete