Tuesday, June 18, 2024

“Sweet Land of Liberty” FFO and Some Vintage Patterns

 


A few days ago I finished “Sweet Land of Liberty” by designer Lindsey Weight of Primrose Cottage Stitches and added it to my patriotic display which I put up for June and July.


Last night my friend Kathy stopped by with a large box filled with neatly filed vintage sewing, crochet, crafting booklets and patterns which belong to her mom. Kathy knew that I would enjoy going through the contents with her and I did! Just look at this awesome booklet which she gave me for my patriotic display. Isn’t the cover design great!!! It was a booklet published in 1940 by the White Sewing Machine Company of Cleveland, Ohio.



The cover apron was “Old Glory.” Here’s another of the pages with sewing directions and pattern layout. 


In my last post, I acknowledged that my blog readers are awesome, outstanding, and creative, but I forgot to mention that they are also sophisticated and very stylish. With that it mind, let me share this lovely design with you. It was in a booklet from 1950 published by the Boston Traveler.  This piece which was labeled “Sparkling Crochet Hat” called for knitting yarn and either silver or gold metallic thread. 


If you can see yourself strolling down the boulevard in this lovely chapeau, just email me and I will be more than happy to send you the pattern. :-) 



Also in the same booklet were instructions for making slip covers, crocheted rose slippers, and a Hug-Me-Tight or crocheted vest. The patterns in the back of the booklet could be ordered for 15 cents. ;-)

It sure was fun and interesting going through that box, and  Kathy also found patterns that she could use in her sewing and crafting projects.

Congratulations to the Boston Celtics for winning the NBA championship. Banner number eighteen will be raised to the rafters sometime in the fall. No other basketball team has won as many championships; the Los Angeles Lakers have but seventeen. 

Today was day one of a potential four day heat wave.  It hit 90+ but the next two days are expected to be worse. Wherever you are, try to keep cool. :-)

2 comments:

  1. What a great finish and add to your patriotic display! That pattern was cool and the perfect addition to your display. I remember my grandmother stitching a chapeau as was described. . .complete with the metallic yarn; but, I don't remember her wearing it. . .TerryK@OnGoingProjects

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terry, are you saying that you are not interested in receiving this pattern? I’m sure you would look absolutely stunning wearing such a creation :-).

      Delete