Sunday, February 18, 2024

“Snow Magical” and “Winter Cardinal Etching” - Two Cross Stitch Finishes



This piece is “Snow Magical” by designer Brenda Gervais. If you follow any flosstube channels on Youtube, you will know that this has been a very popular piece to stitch. The cute sweater and snow took a l-o-n-g time to stitch. Since Christmas, I have been working on this and one other larger piece, and I am glad to have finally finished this snowman. I chose a frame from Hobby Lobby to fully finish this piece.

Speaking of snow . . . in my previous post I wrote of an approaching snowstorm. Schools, meetings,  events, etc. were cancelled the day before, but then the forecast kept changing. The big snowstorm was a no show in my area although on parts of Cape Cod they received heavy snow. My friend Laurel sent this along which speaks to the difficulties of being a meteorologist in our area. If you don’t like our weather, just wait a minute.


Laurel also sent along a few photos that she had taken at the start of the lighthouse restoration project which I wrote about in a previous post.






Boy! I wish I had been there that day. :-)



I stitched this small piece, “Winter Cardinal Etching” by Cecelia Turner, this past week. The chart came from the 2020 Christmas/Winter issue of Punch Needle and Primitive Stitcher magazine. I stitched it for a gift when it first came out and always planned to stitch it again for myself. It took a few years to get around to it. I did change the floss used for the cardinal to DMC321 rather than the called for floss on the pattern. Cardinals in my area are bright red and the called for floss was a bit too dark.



On Wednesday, I received this sweet Valentine’s Day surprise from my godchild’s family. I can already see it displayed next year with the back filled with tiny Valentine cross stitch pillows. :-)

That’s it for now. Have a good week.

2 comments:

  1. That snowman is the cutest piece ever! The detail in his sweater is amazing. I'm glad the snow passed you this time. I'm so looking forward to Spring! That lighthouse renovation would be a sight to see for sure! --TerryK@OnGoingProjects

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was a goner once I saw that sweater :-).

      Delete