Tuesday, February 6, 2024

Photographic Outing Failure

 On Saturday, my friend Laurel texted me a photo of seals basking on rocks near the bridge on 3A in Scituate. She said she had never seen so many gathered there. Of course, my interest was piqued. Unfortunately, Sunday was already going to be busy. After church, I had gone with my friend Marilyn to the cinema in Randolph where they had a special 60th anniversary showing of My Fair Lady

There is something totally wonderful about viewing these classics on the big screen. You may remember that last year I saw Casablanca in that same theater. Though I had seen it maybe twenty times on tv, seeing it on the big screen was beyond amazing.

The next classic coming that I want to see is Gone with the Wind in April. As the date gets closer, I’ll be sure to let you know. Incidentally, this 60th anniversary showing of My Fair Lady was available in many other cinemas at the same time on both Sunday and Monday. 

Well, I still wanted to go photograph the seals so when Monday dawned with a bright blue sky (a rarity lately) and it was a balmy 38 degrees, I grabbed my ‘real’ camera and long lens and headed down to Scituate. There was not one seal to be spotted anywhere. :-(

Undaunted, I decided to go to Kennedy’s Garden Center just down the street from the bridge and perhaps there photograph some of their beautiful flowering plants . . . It was Monday;  Kennedy’s was closed. ;-(

Undaunted, I headed for the Scituate Lighthouse which is usually a perfectly lovely photographic subject. This is what I captured. :-(




For those not from the area, please know that this is truly a sweet little lighthouse with historical significance. When I returned home, I read on the Scituate Historical Society website about the restoration project.

So, did I capture any images at all? Yes, I did find one at the Scituate Harbor pier, and may I be the first to wish you a very Happy Valentine’s Day. ;-)



Better luck next time ;-).

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes the subjects don't cooperate!!! I bet you will a photo next time. That sky is a beautiful blue!--TerryK@OnGoingProjects

    ReplyDelete