Monday, January 1, 2024

My Crafty Year in Review 2023


Is it really time to start dedecking the halls??? Say it isn’t so!!! I’m going to take my time even though I have been enjoying all of my decor since Thanksgiving weekend. This morning I removed the window candle lights and took care of the outdoor items which among other things meant removing the spotlight, taking down the ornaments from the front railings and from the shepherd’s hooks in the backyard, and finally lugging the old sled back into the garage. Mission accomplished. This afternoon I packed up the festive kitchen decor, but I’ll drag my heels packing away the ornaments. :-) Couldn’t I just leave the tree up in the corner of the living room as a decorative accent all year long?




Anyway, let’s get back to a review of what I have accomplished this year in my crafty life. :-) 

 Cross Stitch - I fully finished twenty-four pieces. My favorite was Mary Poppins.



Quilting . . . not so much - While I have worked on pillowcases, isolette covers for a Boston hospital, a wheelchair quilt for a veteran, comfort pillows, and a few other things that our Crosstown Quilt Quild donates to worthy organizations,  I only made one quilt, and that had been started years ago. Therefore, it  was my favorite completed quilt in 2023.




Wool Applique - I completed a few pieces, and this large Americana table runner was my favorite.


So, I managed to complete a few things last year, and I’ve already picked out a number of projects to begin working on this week. 




Today’s Youtube Tip:  End the season on a high note with “ Run, Run, Rudolph,”  with Brad Paisley and Steven Tyler 3:18 minutes of pure rockin’ fun. Promise me you will check this one out. Even if you only put “Brad Paisley” in the search, it will comes up. I hope these two collaborate on something else. :-)

Resolutions: once again . . . Lose ten pounds, read more, pick up my flute which I stopped playing during the pandemic, quilt more, have fun, travel . . . 



I heard someone on tv this morning point out that 2024 is a leap year.    Let’s all plan something really special for February 29th. 

Finally, my friend Laurel sent this along, and both Emma and I think it is adorable.



2 comments:

  1. You've had a great year! I loved that Mary Poppins cross stitch finish. . .it was one of my favorites--TerryK@OnGoingProjects

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do an amazing amount of handwork, bravo! Wonderful finishes!

    ReplyDelete