Wednesday, January 24, 2024

Tear Open to Find Joy!



This tempting proclamation appeared on top of an item purchased at the grocery store yesterday. What was the item? Did I tear it open in search of joy? You betcha’! Did I find joy? You’ll have to keep reading to find out. ;-)

 Clearly, I have not kept up with my intention to post twice a week. So, how has 2024 been going for you so far? I was grounded with a foot issue for two weeks . . . offloading. . .  That means that for two long weeks I wasn’t supposed to put any weight on my foot. Fortunately, I had quilting, wool applique, cross stitching, and reading to keep me busy.

I was able to resume normal activities last Thursday. Yeah!!! Everything was good. . . but . . . not so fast. I happened to glance up at the upstairs ceiling in the hallway and spotted a crack and water stain! No!!!!!! A new roof is in my future when we have a warm, dry stretch. For now, I have a bucket in the attic. We are expecting rain a few times this week; wish me luck. (By the way, this roof is only twenty years old; usually a roof lasts twenty-five to thirty years, but the leak in mine is around a vent pipe. I’d say 2024 can only get better, but I sure don’t want to tempt fate.)

I don’t have any finishes to show, but I have been busy. A child’s quilt just needs an outer border and then to be quilted. My cross stitch focus has been alternating between two pieces, and I have a wool applique piece about 95% done. I also prepped a wool applique piece on which I plan to work while on an upcoming quilt guild retreat. 

At yesterday’s meeting of the Crosstown Quilt Guild, our guest speaker was Pat Delaney of  Crabtree Lane Studio. Her talk was very informative and the quilts that she showed were stunning. If you are not familiar with this award winning quilter, check out her site to see her quilts, the lectures that she offers, and learn about her upcoming retreats.

So, back to the title of this post . . . did I find joy? I didn’t, but Emma did and I got the idea for this post. 



Isn’t that something! Hope it made you smile.

Stay safe and may you find moments of joy each day. :-)

2 comments:

  1. I wondered if Emma was involved when I read your intro! Bummer about your foot! I'm glad you are back to normal. A new roof. . .those are so darned expensive! I hope your weather is finished being winter and you can enjoy the coming of spring. . .I know it's too early; but, it's been a tough year so far!!!--TerryK@OnGoingProjects

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Terry! Last week we had freezing temperatures, today it was 49 degrees, and the forecast for the weekend is snow. Crazy weather! Spring is still a long way off for us. :-) Janice

      Delete