Monday, June 6, 2022

Turkey Troubles and Two Finishes

Let’s start with the finishes. This is “Strawberry Farm” from Priscilla Blain of the Real Housewives of Cross Stitch on Etsy. I have it mounted on a strawberry board purchased from Scarlet Sky Designs also on Etsy. As with the barn from 141 Designs shown in a previous post, the separate plywood pieces must be painted and then glued together using wood glue. 



A week or two ago I finished this patchwork and wool applique piece from Buttermilk Basin.



Now for a turkey update . . . Last night standing on my porch, I looked Tess Turkey in the eye and attempted to telepathically convey terms of our agreement. She would be able to remain in my big garden with her babies. Emma would only be allowed out on a leash in the backyard, and we would stay away from that garden. I would promise not to mulch, fertilize, plant, weed, or otherwise disturb the peace in said garden. In exchange, I would be allowed to work in my small garden and to water the hanging baskets. At no point would Tess be permitted to again fly toward me in a menacing manner when I merely walked down the porch steps into my yard. Tom Turkey would also have to agree to abide by this rule. Failure to comply with this simple request would render our agreement immediately null and void.

Though I am sure that you would agree that this arrangement on my part was extremely generous, it would appear that Tess Turkey did not concur. When I cautiously ventured out this morning, Tess and her little ones were gone. Phew! Perhaps she decided the woods would indeed be a better location with fewer restrictions. I’ll keep you posted. 

Did you watch the festivities and ceremonies marking Queen Elizabeth’s 70th year on the throne? No one does pomp and pageantry quite as well as the British do. Long live the Queen!!! (Mind you, I wouldn’t won’t a monarchy in this country, but I sure do enjoy watching theirs. 

Stay safe and have a berry good week. :-()

1 comment:

  1. Love your strawberry cross stitch finish! Fingers crossed that Tess and family will continue to enjoy their woodland home. As for the Jubilee. . .we watched the aircraft fly in from my daughter's flat close to the Thames. Then we watched the television while we ate a special lunch made from an Ottolenghi kit. We walked through several neighborhood parties over the weekend. Yes, the Brits know how to throw a party!--TerryK

    ReplyDelete