Monday, June 20, 2022

The Mavericks and a Patriotic Cross Stitch FFO


I, who have been super extra careful all through the ongoing pandemic, attended a concert on Friday night. It was probably a crazy thing to do, but boy was it fun! Last week when walking with Emma, we stopped to visit with friends sitting out in their yard. They mentioned that they were going to see The Mavericks in Plymouth. I remarked that I had always wanted to see them in concert. They suggested that I might still be able to get a ticket and then go with them which I did. It was an amazing concert. My seat was in the mezzanine section for which I was grateful as people on the main floor were standing jam-packed together in front of the stage.


The Mavericks played for a rockin’ two hours with only a five minute break. Don’t even think twice about attending one of their concerts; if they are touring near you, go see them. 

I also liked sitting in the mezzanine because I could watch the other show . . . all of the people dancing in the aisles. :-() A good time was had by all!!!



I finally finished stitching a piece for the barn display; it’s a section from Priscilla Blain’s Stitching with the Housewives piece “Long May She Wave.” The pattern is larger with a big American flag, more flowers, and vine borders, but I wanted to keep it to scale for the barn. My thought was to stitch a truck for each season, but this truck took a l-o-n-g time to stitch. Maybe in the fall, I’ll just stitch a scarecrow and some pumpkins. I glued a magnet to the barn and the stitched pieces will each have a washer, so they may be easily switched out. The barn display board was from 141 Designs on Etsy.

So, how are the wildlife problems going? Don’t ask. I’m regrettably not spending time in my large garden for fear of encountering bunnies, chipmunks, turkeys, and who knows what. I cannot even let Emma off leash for fear she will get one of the baby bunnies which seem to be hiding everywhere. Saturday night took the cake. It was 7:15pm when I decided to take Emma for a short walk. I live on a long, busy street. We were about half way down the street when what to my wondering eyes should appear but a deer! It was like a scene from a movie as the deer was walking straight down the yellow line in the road. Fortunately,  I spotted it before Emma did and made a quick turn around avoiding any potential chaos that might ensue. A car then came along and the deer ran into someone’s backyard. 

Have a safe, happy week and I hope all who are dealing with extreme heat in other parts of the country get some relief soon.

I’m off now to purchase a dryer. You may recall that last month I needed a new washing machine. They were both vintage machines. My theory is that the dryer saw the washer being hauled away and decided that it, too, had worked long enough. ;-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment