Tuesday, June 28, 2022

So, What Did You Do Today???

The January 6 hearings, covid variants, Supreme Court decisions, the horrors in Ukraine, a train derailment, a divided country . . .  As old timers used to say, the world is going to hell in a handcart. I’m popping in today to tell you about something purely happy and positive that I did this afternoon.

I attended a birthday party luncheon for my friend Kathy’s mom who will soon be turning 100!!! Yes, this is what one hundred looks like. . .  absolutely beautiful. For my part, I took photos at the party. All of her many card playing friends were there; she goes to the council on aging for weekly card games. Her many long time bowling buddies were there; she gave up actually bowling a few years ago, but she still goes to keep the scores. She is amazing!


Kathy had prepared a brochure about her mom’s life. It included a list of interesting items from the year 1922:
     - Warren G. Harding was President.
     - The Lincoln Memorial was dedicated.
     -  A movie ticket cost 25 cents, a loaf of bread cost 10 cents, and a gallon of gas cost 25 cents!
     
There was a lovely write up about her life including the celebration in 2020 to mark seventy-five years of marriage. Kathy’s dad has since that time gone home to God.
     
It was a positively wonderful time. :-)

Now, I haven’t received as yet any help identifying the purple plant shown in my last post, but perhaps you might be able to help identify this rather large, blue crested waterfowl that has recently appeared in my neighborhood. 

He or she is not menacing but rather appears quite content, cheerful, and is obviously an admirer of my gardens. She, I think it is female, floats around all day in my neighbor’s pool. My only hope is that he or she stays on that side of the fence as I have seen Emma’s reaction to squirrels, chipmunks, and bunnies and I fear an encounter with this giant bird would not go well. 

Keep smiling and have a wonderful week.

No comments:

Post a Comment