Wednesday, May 4, 2022

May the 4th Be with You!!!


 Happy Star Wars Day! It doesn’t seem possible that the first film in this mighty galactic franchise came out way back in May of 1977!!!  I, myself, have always been more of a Star Trek fan though I have seen most of the Star Wars films.

Last week was busy. On Tuesday, I attended a meeting of the Crosstown Quilters Guild. Our speaker was   the very talented Marge Tucker. If you are unfamiliar with her work, please do click on the link to see  samples of her work and learn about upcoming classes. 

Confirmation for my cousin Miss Lucy was late Wednesday afternoon, and I was blessed and honored to be her sponsor. I had also been blessed to be her mom’s Confirmation sponsor. After the Mass, we went out to eat, and it was only my second time in a restaurant since March of 2020. 

On Saturday, there was a family party to celebrate Lucy’s special day. The weather was absolutely perfect for sitting outside, and it was great to see everyone.

I have been enjoying the pink tulips that I received from my godchild’s family for Easter. The bulbs took a while to produce flowers and at first the tulips were white. After a few days they gradually began turning pink!


If you have been following me for a number of years, you will recall this crazy quilt piece that I made with photos from my maternal grandmother’s album. I never knew any of my grandparents, but as a child I was fascinated by the tiny photos in one album. If I live to be 100, I will never create a piece that I am prouder of. Here are a few photos for readers who have not seen this before.


What amused me as I grew older were the photo situations. Here the young ladies posed in a cornfield. My grandmother is second from the right. 


My favorite shows six young ladies on a ladder leaning against a tree. If you look closely, you can spot a gentleman perhaps anchoring the ladder at the top on the right. The date on these photos was 1906.


All of the decorative stitching and embellishing was done by hand.

Cuteness Alert!!! While shopping in The Paper Store, I spotted this salt and pepper set which, of course, had to come home with me.


Cuteness Alert for Emma Fans !!! Here she is after a Thursday appointment at the groomer.


So, what is up for this week? The sky is the limit. On Monday and Tuesday, I spent an exciting few hours spreading bags of lime and fertilizer on the estate. I had misjudged how much I would need so I had to purchase more. Today was rainy, so I was able to do some stitching: some cross stitching and some with machine on a number of small projects. I also fully finished a piece that I will show in the next post.

Stay cautious and safe and have a good week.

1 comment:

  1. So interesting how those ladies posed for those photographs. Miss Emma continues to be one cutie!--Terry K

    ReplyDelete