Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Suffrage Act Proclaimed and Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!

  

I began work on this cross stitch piece in August and continued from time to time stitching on it. During the lead up to the presidential election, I concentrated on this piece and finished stitching it while watching the Inauguration. It went to the framer shortly after that, but the first time I picked it up, I saw that the clerk had measured incorrectly as some of the stitching around the edges was covered by the frame. I had specified that I wanted a half inch border around the piece. They redid the framing, and I am very happy with the results as I love the frame and inner bead-like insert that I had selected.  The piece is "Suffrage Act" designed by Diane Williams for Little House Needleworks.

I did make one change/addition to the design.  It took a hundred years after women in the US were given the right to vote, but we finally have a woman vice president, and so I added "V.P.  K.H. 2020. "

Here is where I had intended to post photos of two St. Patrick's Day cross stitch finishes, but I still need to do a bit more stitching on one, so they'll show up in my next post.

Play Ball!!!

Sad but true . . .
 
Early this morning I went to the supermarket intending to pick up a corn beef, but I was clearly late to the party. That whole section of the meat counter was nearly empty.  I was able to pick up a small piece which will shrink down to practically nothing when cooked. I'm not much for the cabbage, carrots, turnips, etc. . . but I do love my corn beef. :-)  Reubens, anyone???

I will leave you with the words on Emma's shirt ... Keep Calm and Shamrock On!

2 comments:

  1. I love your stitching, now you need to make one in hopes that voters rights are not taken away across our country. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the beaded mat. . .it reminds me of the lights around a marquee! I sure hope to be traveling again. . .please. . .no pipe dreams!!!

    ReplyDelete