Friday, February 14, 2020

This and That

It has been a while since my last post, so I thought I would pop in today to show you some fun quilts that were part of our 'Show and Tell' segment at Tuesday's meeting of the Crosstown Quilters Guild in Weymouth. It was a particularly fun session, and it's difficult to pick just a few to share.

Anne made this stunning quilt for a raffle at her grandson's school.


Joanne showed this adorable puppy themed quilt.


Jane has been working on this hand applique/ hand quilted poppy piece for a number of years. Gorgeous!


Don't you love Patty's hand stitched/ hand quilted redwork?
 

Mary D. showed her Kaffe cat quilt.


We also had a presentation of vintage hand embroidery by Barbara G, and it was lovely to see all of this work. 

Last Wednesday was a "Ladies Lunch" day with my young cousins and their mom. They also brought their cousin/friend Charlotte. After lunch at the Strawberry Fair in Norwell, I put the girls to work stuffing teddy bears and comfort pillows that I was able to turn in at Tuesday's meeting.


The girls brought me this adorable schnauzer who has taken up residence on my staircase. There is often an equally adorable, live schnauzer often resting a few stairs up from this one. I added the Valentine hearts headband that I wore to our guild meeting. (Yes, it was just the perfect touch of sophisticated elegance for which I am known. :-)

I have been working on a quilt and am at the border stage. Yeah!!! I'm also finishing up a wool applique piece that is 99% done. :-)

Happy Valentine's Day and have a great weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment