Sunday, February 2, 2020

Sunday 02022020


Just a quick post before the Super Bowl begins. . . It seems so strange not to see the Patriots in the mix. At least Jimmy G., former back up quarterback to Tom Brady, is leading the San Fransisco 49ers into the game.

Anyway, I made another scarf using men's silk ties and a blank silk scarf. The latest one on the left is far more muted than the original one on the right. Why? What did I do differently? I do not think that the water was as hot this time. Since some area show very little color, perhaps the pieces of the ties I selected may not have been silk. I did purposely leave out red pieces which did tend to tint the entire background in the first attempt. I also think that I kept in the pot about five minutes less than last time. It's not an exact science. In any event, I like them both. It's super simple and fun, and I encourage you to give it a try. All you need is a dedicated pot, mens' silk ties, a length of muslin, and a blank silk scarf. For more info and a link to a Youtube tutorial, please click HERE. 

This week I also made two fun projects bags that I will use with my hand stitching work.

Front . . . 

Back . . . 


In case you are unable to read the patch, it says, "What Happens at Quilt Retreat Stays at Quilt Retreat." :-)

They were super fun and not difficult to make, but I warn you making them may become addictive.  You can find the excellent tutorial for making these vinyl project bags at the Moda Bake shop tutorial section HERE It may not help me finish things sooner but works in progress will look good tucked into these pretty pouches.

January Recap:
    
     - Nativity Scene - small wall hanging
   
     -  Campers Livin' the Dream - wool applique

     -  3 Pillowcases Donated

     - Moose - large wallhanging

     - Two silk scarves dyed with mens' silk ties

Well, the game has started, so this post is ending.

Oh, before I go, did you realize that today date is palindromic?  The numbers read the same backwards as  forwards. . . 02/02/2020. :-) Way Cool!!!
  

1 comment:

  1. It was a cool date today! Those little bags look like fun. . .I'm tempted to investigate!!!!!

    ReplyDelete