Saturday, October 19, 2019

"You've Got Mail" Quilt and the Colors of Autumn


Don't you love how other bloggers take artistic photos of their quilts? Sometimes they are draped over split rail fences, hung on the side of a barn, or displayed in some other clever fashion.  I just draped this "You've Got Mail" quilt over a rocker on my sunporch. Trust me; it really does look much better in person. The black binding which you can't see in this photo ties it all together. Hopefully, some older child or teen will enjoy receiving it. The top was done months ago, but it took me forever to get around to quilting it. If only I could stay focused on one project and finish it before starting two or three or more new ones. I'd be embarrassed to tell you how many quilts and other stitch related projects I am currently working on. :-)

"You've Got Mail" is a free pattern from Missouri Star, and you may watch a step by step instructional video on Youtube under the Missouri Star channel.

I did also complete this little wool applique piece since my last post. The kit was from Bareroots Little Stitches, #164 Beeskeps Candle Mat. I worked on it while watching Tom Brady and the Boys win their last three games. Go Patriots!!!


Last Sunday, I went to a fun birthday party for my now fourteen year old triplet cousins. Isn't that unbelievable? Wasn't it just yesterday that they were born? On the way to the party, I made a quick stop at The Quilted Crow in Bolton, and yes, some pretty wool did come home with me. :-)

The foliage was striking in that area, but it is just beginning around here.  This tree is in a cemetery off High Street in Hingham.


I carry my iPhone when I take Emma for a walk and this image is from Cranberry Pond in Weymouth. I'll have to remember to check it out to see if the colors deepen this week. Wasn't it nice of these geese to go gliding by in just the right spot?



I was happy that my decorations survived the wild wind and heavy rain that we experienced this week.



One last thing . . . I needed another yard of fabric for one of the quilts on which I am working, so yesterday  Laurel, Edith, and I went on our own three shop quilt shop field trip: Emma's Quilt Cupboard in Franklin,MA,  Franklin Mill Store in also in Franklin, and Ryko's in Lincoln, RI.


Okay . . . I've already admitted that I have way, way too many projects lined up, but it would have taken a much stronger woman than I am to resist buying a few yards of this gorgeous batik fabric. The coordinating fat quarters that I picked up are from the grunge line, and I may need a few more for the project that I have in mind.  For now, fingers crossed, I'll tuck it all in a project box and work on finishing some of my other quilts first. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment