Thursday, October 31, 2019

A Busy, Busy Week


 Cranberry Pond, Weymouth

Maybe it's Halloween, but Blogger is acting really crazy. I thought for sure that I might have lost all of my previous blog posts, but I was able to retrieve them.  It has been incredibly busy, but it has all been good.:-) Because this blog acts as as my journal, let me share what I have been up to.

Last Monday 10/21- After an early flute lesson in Norton, I drove to Norfolk to meet my cousin's mother-in-law. We have become friends, and we went to lunch at a lovely restaurant in Attleboro, The Colonel Blackington Inn. Next we stopped at Briggs Nursery in North Attleboro. Beside being a full garden center, they also have a gift shop and an eating area. I'll definitely have to go back there next spring. Come to think of it, wouldn't be fun to have lunch there during the winter and be surrounded by plants? Our last stop was back in Norfolk for a walk around the Stoney Brook Wildlife Sanctuary.

Tuesday - 10/21 Crosstown Quilters Guild Meeting - After our regular meeting, "Show and Tell," and refreshments, our own Nancy Hunt was our very first "Quilter in the Spotlight." That was something I dreamed up a last spring. We had David Sirota giving an afternoon workshop, but we wanted a short program for those not taking his class. Nancy graciously volunteered to bring and talk about some of her many projects! Here are a few of her pieces.


Look at this quilt Nancy designed to use her Row by Row license plates. Isn't is fabulous!!!


Here's what I found most interesting. Nancy has taken many, many classes throughout her quilting life. Look at one of her very first class pieces . . . a hand applique Baltimore Album quilt. WOW!!


As I mentioned, David Sirota was our workshop presenter in the afternoon, and I will share more about that in a future post.

Wednesday 10/22 -



Driving by the Abigail Adams birthplace in North Weymouth on my way to meet friends for lunch at the Bay Pointe Inn in Quincy, I nearly stopped to take this positively glowing tree in the Old North Cemetery next to the birthplace. I was running a bit late, so I took this photo the next day. [Fun or at least interesting fact: Mr. Watson of "Watson, come here I need or (I want to see you,)" spoken by Alexander Graham Bell after spilling acid while experimenting on this telephone invention, is buried in Old North Cemetery.] Some day I may just go looking for his grave.

Thursday - 10/24 Meeting of the Quilters Connection Guild in Watertown.

Friday - 10/25 Monthly quilting weekend in Stoughton. We usually spend the weekend quilting. The room is locked after the last person leaves, and we come and go as we wish. Friday night, however, I got a call that a ceiling pipe had burst in our sewing room. YIKES!!! I flew over to retrieve my things, and fortunately, my machine was not ruined. My projects and fabric were wet, but the washer and dryer took care of that. The room looked terrible. It was a good thing that it was empty as the ceiling tiles that came down were right over the table where my friend Laurel and another lady had been sitting during the day. What a mess!!! The hotel had just complete renovations on that room. Laurel's machine is in the shop as it got totally soaked. Again, we are thankful that no one was there when the pipe burst.

Saturday - 10/25 Since we couldn't quilt, my friend Edith and I went to the Proper Bostonian Quilt Show in West Roxbury.

Okay . . . so far this week, among other things, there has been a flute lesson, another lunch with friends (The Dancing Queens) on Tuesday, and dinner with other friends last night. What does this all mean??? It explains why I don't get nearly as much accomplished as I might like. It explains why I can't seem to lose the pesky ten pounds that I would like to drop. I counted it up; I have been out to eat six times in the space of nine days!!!! Oh, my goodness!!! It also explains why I consider myself to be a lucky lady to have such a fun, wonderful life. :-)

Afterthought: Lest you think that I have a totally charmed life, I am coming up on the anniversary of my second mastectomy; the first was in 2007. I am telling you this to remind you and implore you to get checked. Do not let age or lack of family history of breast cancer dissuade you. Please get checked. I am living proof that early detection does saves lives. I am doing great. This also explains why I try to fill each day with positivity and fun. :-)

1 comment:

  1. My goodness you have been so busy. Those quilts are just so amazing and so are the beautiful colors in the trees. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete