Friday, September 6, 2019

Summer Celebration of New England Quilts

Did you have a chance to visit the New England Quilt Museum in Lowell to see the Summer Celebration of New England Quilts? This was a special exhibit of quilts representing quilt guilds throughout New England. The exhibit runs through Sunday, September 8th.


Here's my friend Edith beside her gorgeous 9-patch quilt. Her quilt was chosen to represent the Crosstown Quilters Guild which meets in Weymouth, MA.
 


Another magnificent quilt was this hand appliqued masterpiece by Jane Hewitt whose quilt represented the Herring Run Quilt Guild that meets in Norwell, MA.



There were many, many other stunning quilts; here are just a few. (You may click on any image to see a larger image.)






Did you notice that the teenie tiny paper-pieced stars were only 1.5"?













The New England Quilt Museum also has a lovely gift shop.  A few of the wool applique pieces that I have done feature sheep, so I knew this cute little ewe would feel right at home on my mantel.

 

Have a wonderful weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Those quilts are just so amazing, such works of art. And I love your little sheep, I would have brought him home myself. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete