Saturday, March 10, 2018

Some Deer Friends Stopped By



Three deer friends stopped by the woods behind my house today. I first spotted them around 10:00 am, and they have hung around most of the day.

With trusty long lens in hand, I was able to capture these images from my back porch. Be sure to click on the photos to view a larger version if you wish.




I had been wondering this week during the stormy weather whether we might see deer in the woods this year as it only happens from time to time. 

This afternoon I attended a town hall event with Senator Elizabeth Warren at Weymouth High School. She spoke for awhile on various topics and then answered questions from audience members. (When you entered the auditorium, you were asked if you had a question for Senator Warren. If you responded in the affirmative, you were given a raffle ticket. The stubs were put in a basket, and if your number was called, you had the opportunity to ask your question. . . a good system.) 

Senator Warren stressed a number of points: the need to maintain and protect freedom of the press, the need to keep our judicial system as impartial and fair to all as we can, and the role of citizen participation in maintaining our democracy. All her answers to audience members' questions were forthright. I was very impressed by our senator and glad that I had decided to attend.

After the question section, she had a few brief closing remarks and then posed for photos with anyone who wanted one. There had to have been a couple of hundred people in line for photos, and I was one of them. I wanted to thank her for what she does and encourage her to continue to fight the good fight.


I had found a parking space in a lot out back. I thought you might like to see the flag which is painted on this huge boulder. I've included two photos so that you might gain a better perspective of just how large it is.



I've been a bit lax with my blogging, but I do have a few things to show you and will catch you up this week. Enjoy the rest of the weekend and keep repeating . . . "Spring is coming!!!" Spring is coming!!!" "Spring is coming!!!"

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad that Spring is coming. Yesterday, it felt like Spring was around the corner. Tomorrow, I think it will be back to rain and cold though. I've daffodils budded so I know that Spring is here even though it doesn't feel like it! That painted flag was beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am such a fan of Senator Warren, she is just an amazing woman and such a fighter for everyone. So glad you got to hear her speak and get a photo with her. We have deer behind our house all the time, small Florida deer but we are so lucky as we are in such a densely populated area. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete